Saturday, March 14, 2009

Shostakovich Ignored...



Well, I would like to report on my presentation for a class, Psychology of Creativity. The presentation itself went off without a hitch.  The problem began when class drew toward a close, the students became restless. I knew that the material selected to conclude the presentation was deep and required attention. Looking back, I should have just dropped it. However, I put my faith in my fellow students--they let me down. Teacher evaluations had to be done, and while was setting up for a clip of his opera, Lady Macbeth, they started the forms. This was fine... but they continued to chatter even through a rape scene. This startled me beyond my wildest fancies. HOW in the hell can you ignore something like that. No disgust, no interest, no attention at all. I have lost some hope, but I will still fight the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment