Wednesday, April 1, 2009

An apple a day...


I find this strange & mysterious power that is held over the switch from PC to Mac overrated. It borders on comedy to see countless youtube videos of computer geeks and nerds that have made that cross over. They begin filming the event as soon as the box is opened. They gingerly pull out the slim-lined, well designed box that is intended to inspire and protect it's precious contents. They comment on the experience while opening and pulling up the lid. It is as if there were a ray of blinding sun light waiting to shine out once the cardboard separated. They stare in awe and terror of the sleek aluminum body, while the iconic apple logo begs to be illuminated. They pull the Mac out, inspect the contents of the box, still narrating their experience. They open the computer and let the one-time-only "Welcome" experience begin. One dork even turned the lights out... 

So while these nerds are not getting laid or drinking their first beer, they are filming a simple purchase of a computer. Not just any computer, but reputedly the best brand out there. I do not want to hate on the excitement. But youtube is a little too far... 

It will be a week ago last Friday that I opened my baby up... I am still thinking of a name for her... I even took the package to work with me so I could stare at it (because I worked all day). The newness has not worn off, probably never will... I love my new MacBook Pro. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. those moaning brass are hard to ignore! Good for you giving them something fresh

    ReplyDelete